Weekly Deals

Stampin' Up! Weekly Deals

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Thursday 12 September 2013

Christmas Banner

I have been home all week with the flu and although I always thought it would be great to have some time with nothing to do, it gets boring very quickly. I did have a chance to play with the new Stampin Up Build a Banner Simply Created Kit. This is an awesome kit that comes with 18 blank canvas pennants, twine, pattern and alphabet stencils and spritzer bottles. You can also order a kit which has just the pennants and twine for creating more wonderful banners. They are really fun to make (if you don't mind getting a bit messy). Here is my first creation. . . .










Project Details
StampsBlissful Bird (retired), Calm Christmas
Card stock & Papers    Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Winter Frost DSP, Silver Glimmer Paper
 InkBermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Basic Grey
AccessoriesSimply Created Build a Banner Kit, Ribbon, Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons
Tools    Scallop Circle Punch, Bird Builder Punch, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Glue Gun, Stocking Punch (retired), Scissors, Snowflake Die (non SU), Big Shot, Daubers

Yes, I do know the photos of the banners are out of order, but after spending 40 minutes trying to re-order them I decided it wasn't that important and you would forgive me.
I found the best way to get the patterns on the banners was with a dauber as the spritzers made the canvas very wet and the ink ran a lot. I had a lot more control using the daubers and was able to keep the colour just where I wanted it. The ink also dried a lot faster and I was able to put the pattern and the letters on at the same time, rather than waiting for ink to dry.

Stay tuned for more projects using the Build a Banner Kit and other wonderful new Stampin Up! products.

Happy Stampin'


Kayleen




No comments:

Post a Comment