Weekly Deals

Stampin' Up! Weekly Deals

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Convention 2015 Wrap-Up

Now that I have been home from the Stampin Up! 2015 Convention for more than a week, I can process what I saw, learnt and felt about it all. It is a very exciting time, especially as this year it was the Global release of the 2015-2016 Annual Catalogue. The release was video-taped and streamed later in the day to the whole world!
Part of the excitement is receiving new stamp sets and we weren't disappointed this year. We all got the set "I Think You're Great" and were given the opportunity to make projects with this new set and some other new products.

Here are my finished projects:



This first card is made on Watercolour Paper using the gorgeously scrumptious colour Watermelon Wonder. The banner is Mint Macaron and the leaves on the flower are Cucumber Crush. It was quite a simple card to make, but very effective. The water-colouring should probably be a bit richer in colour, but I didn't want to make it too wet as I had to transport it back to my room and didn't want to make my bag all wet.


On this second card we used markers direct to the stamp and didn't cover the whole stamp. The colours used were Cucumber Crush and Mint Macaron. We also used a piece of the DSP from the Everyday Chic Designer Series Paper to make an accent down the side of the card. Of course, no card is complete without a little bling, so some Rhinestones were added after the sentiment was mounted on dimensionals.


For this third card, we used a technique called "Kissing", which is very effective and one I will be teaching in an upcoming class, so contact me if you would like to know more....

The envelope at the back is made from the gorgeous new In Colour Collection Paper Stack - I can't wait to get my hands on this!





These first 3 cards all use the same stamp set, which shows you how versatile it is. I love it when you can make a whole range of cards from one set, as it makes them great value for money.



This fourth card uses a new Paper Piercing Set called "Updated Essentials" and includes some words - happy, hello and for you and co-ordinates with the flower medallion stamp and punch. We got to try it out in the Product Playground, and I made this card with my sample when I got home.







Of course, there were lots of other exciting things happening at Convention and it was great to catch up with lots of Demonstrators from other States that I have met in previous years, as well as meet and make lots of new friends. Everyone is extremely friendly and welcoming and if you would like to join my team and take part in lots of events like this, then just give me a call.

Thanks for stopping by
Happy Stampin'

Kayleen

No comments:

Post a Comment